Poundland Make Up - First Impressions

Hello :)

Hope everyone is well :)

I decided I wanted to review the new Poundland Makeup range as its so affordable I thought "surely it can't work??" however, I am pleasantly surprised at how nice some of the products are.

I only picked up 5 products, just to try out! 

Hope you enjoy and maybe even find this informative :)

1. Good To Glow Highlighter in the shade Pearl Shimmer
I thought this looked beautiful when I saw it on the display so thought I had to buy it! 
I'm new to the highlighting game so I thought why not try it out with a cheaper alternative first. 
Below are the shots of the highlighter in the packaging, with and without flash! 
With Flash

Without Flash
It's a beautiful pinky brown shade with a shimmer running through it, just gorgeous! 
However; when i swatched the powder on my hand, I found it to be really kind of dusty, as if you would get a lot of falldown. 
I also wasn't impressed with the colour when swatched, it doesn't really show up. And I know it shouldn't be extremely dramatic as it is a highlighter, but it doesn't really show up at all. Please excuse my horrible old looking hand on the swatches ha :)


Overall, I'm not very impressed with this product and don't really recommend buying it, especially when there is other great cheaper alternatives on the high-street. 

2. It's All About The Pout Colour Moisture Lipstick in the shade Deep Red

I absolutely adore deep red lipsticks, so this colour jumped straight out at me.
It's a lovely deep blue toned red that would look great on any night out. I think it's a little dramatic for daytime use haha :)

With Flash

Without Flash

When swatched, this lipstick is just as beautiful. It feels extremely moisturising and leaves a beautiful sheen.




I would definitely recommend this lipstick, for only £1 what do you have to lose?

3. Shine On Intense Colour and Shine Lipgloss in the shade Nice & Nude

I haven't got a peachy shade lipgloss which is what made me pick this up.
I would describe the colour as a peachy nude, great for day to day wear.

With Flash

Without Flash
It is also lovely and pigmented, the shade is exactly how it looks inside the packaging. I expected it to be sheerer than how it looks but its really nice! 
It feels moisturising like the lipstick also!


I'm definitely going to purchase some more of this lipgloss in different colours as i really like this one!

4 & 5. Pout It Out Lipliner in the shades Brown and Rose

Technically I have cheated with this one as I have already started using them! 
The colours are lovely and match a few of my lipsticks (as I said in my January Beauty Favourites)

Top: Rose, Bottom: Brown
With Flash

Top: Rose, Bottom: Brown
Without Flash
These require a bit of warming up as you say in order for them to glide smoothly, however; once they are warmed up, they go on really well and are really nice, natural lipliners.
The image doesn't really do the colours much justice, in person they are really lovely


I think that the lipliners are fab and again, I would highly recommend them!

Overall I think that the Poundland Makeup Range have a lot of hits and a miss with the Highlighter.
I'm not too sure if I will bother trying the Eyeshadows or Blushers after how the Highlighters applied, however; I am willing to try the Foundation and the Nail Polishes. 
I will certainly keep you updated if I do!

Hope you enjoyed this post!

See you on Tuesday with another blogpost :)

MWAH

Heather
xxxxx

My Links

Any enquiries please email heatherlouisebeauty@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip To Blackpool February 2017 - The Park!

In The Spotlight #2 - Coaster Crazy!

In The Spotlight #3 - Sammi Maria